Everyone tells you that children are wonderful because of their joy in the world around them and the fact that you get to be a kid again. Well, Maisie showed us this first hand this weekend.
Sunday was a beautiful fall day - clear skies and 70 degrees. Maisie, Mandy and I were playing the empty lot beside our house. I was showing Maisie how to lean down and feel how soft the grass is. Maisie (in her infinite wisdom) decided that the grass looked so nice, she should just lie down. Our rambunctious, can't-sit-still toddler flopped on her back, stretched out and smiled.
I couldn't help but laughing and then decided to join her. Brian saw us from afar (I think he thought Maisie was hurt at first) and came out to join us. The three of us spent 15 minutes just lying in the grass together. Every time Brian or I tried to sit up, Maisie got up, walked around to our side and pushed us back down (by our head or shoulders) and then came and laid back down on her back between us. Rolling around in the grass - talk about a picture perfect Sunday afternoon!
No pictures from yesterday (just memories), but here is the album from September.
![]() |
| September |

1 comment:
Such a great image, Michele! I'm glad you're able to enjoy this time with Miss Maisie!
Hugs,
Katie
Post a Comment